'Fear' Fight: Jonathan Baker vs. Joe Rogan
edonline
2006-05-31 13:06:08 UTC
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/66779.htm

'FEAR' FIGHT
By DON KAPLAN

May 31, 2006 -- UGLY confrontations seem to follow Jonathan Baker wherever
he goes.

This time Baker - the L.A. hothead who famously shoved his wife on national
TV almost two years ago - appears to have gotten into a fist-fight with
"Fear Factor" host Joe Rogan while filming the NBC guts 'n' gross-out
reality show.

Baker says that during a grueling challenge involving live alligators, his
wife, former Playboy Playmate Victoria Fuller, became frightened and upset.
She was heckled by "Survivor" bad-boy Jon "Jonny Fairplay" Dalton, who
allegedly shouted obscenities and, according to Baker, Rogan joined in.

Baker claims he tried to remain silent, but after a few minutes, "I had to
defend my wife."

He says he told Rogan, "Enough!" and that's when the host slugged him.
Twice.

"Clearly, Joe has issues," says Baker.

"When you're on one of these shows, you sign a piece of paper that's
supposed to protect you," he says. "I don't care if you're being thrown off
the Empire State Building [as a stunt], you're supposed to be kept safe. At
the end of the day, when we went on this show, we weren't protected from the
host."

He says that during the filming of the reality-stars edition of "Fear
Factor," producers warned him and other contestants to stay away from Rogan.

That didn't happen.

In a clip posted on both Baker's Web site and the official "Fear Factor" Web
site to promote the June 6 (8 p.m./Ch. 4) telecast, the two are seen
wrestling briefly before being pulled apart by another contestant.
Baker says that producers will probably edit the show to make it look like
he started the fight.

"During our taping of 'Reality Stars Fear Factor,' there was an altercation
between Jonathan Baker and Joe Rogan," "Fear Factor" executive producer Matt
Kunitz said in a statement. "Our cameras documented the entire event, which
will show our viewers that Mr. Baker has a false recollection of the
incident.

"We encourage everyone to tune in and see for themselves."

Baker first drew attention to himself in December 2004, when he shoved
Victoria in anger after losing a challenge on "The Amazing Race." He has
since publicly apologized - and been defended by Victoria - attributing his
behavior to a medical condition.
AnthonyM1975
He is the only one who can berate and abuse his stupid wife.
Marie4547
2006-05-31 21:26:55 UTC
Post by AnthonyM1975
He is the only one who can berate and abuse his stupid
wife.
That is word for word exactly what my husband just said!!!

How many of these shows, showing us all how incredibly
stupid she is, is she going to subject herself to?

Me Marie
AnthonyM1975
He's a smart man : )
sdlitvin
2006-06-01 03:49:23 UTC
Post by Marie4547
Post by AnthonyM1975
He is the only one who can berate and abuse his stupid
wife.
That is word for word exactly what my husband just said!!!
How many of these shows, showing us all how incredibly
stupid she is, is she going to subject herself to?
One more, I hope: Amazing Race All-Stars. Someday.

-- Steven L.
No One
I'd rather see, TAR:The Hot Bitches Edition and leave Jonathan out of it.
No One
As many as it takes for her to realize.
Marie4547
2006-06-01 14:14:58 UTC
Post by No One
Post by Marie4547
Post by AnthonyM1975
He is the only one who can berate and abuse his stupid
wife.
That is word for word exactly what my husband just
said!!!
How many of these shows, showing us all how incredibly
stupid she is, is she going to subject herself to?
Me Marie
As many as it takes for her to realize.
I shudder to think of how many that may be since she
obviously thought he acted okay on TAR! It just boggles my
mind that someone can actually think a person that *loves*
them could treat them that way.

Me Marie
Barbara Sherrill
2006-06-01 15:04:54 UTC
Post by Marie4547
Post by No One
Post by Marie4547
Post by AnthonyM1975
He is the only one who can berate and abuse his stupid
wife.
That is word for word exactly what my husband just
said!!!
How many of these shows, showing us all how incredibly
stupid she is, is she going to subject herself to?
Me Marie
As many as it takes for her to realize.
I shudder to think of how many that may be since she
obviously thought he acted okay on TAR! It just boggles my
mind that someone can actually think a person that *loves*
them could treat them that way.
Me Marie
According to an interview Van Munster has done about Jonathan..... They said
they had to tell him to tone it done a bit...but they said over all he is
really a nice guy. They just didn't show that side....

But then Jonathan and Victoria said that Phil was great with them on teh
show telling them they make good tv at the Pit Stops.... but then when the
couple was asked about Keoghan in an interview. They called him a two faced
Mother F...... !

I am thinking in reality; during the race portions of the show. There wasn't
much good to use, but Jonathan was a different person at the Pit Stops when
things slowed down.... Then again... these shows do bring out the true
colors of a person...... This is why you would not catch me on one of the
shows... I really don't want the world to see the bitchy side come out when
I am tired......

Barbara
rick
2006-06-01 16:50:13 UTC
Post by Barbara Sherrill
According to an interview Van Munster has done about Jonathan..... They said
they had to tell him to tone it done a bit...but they said over all he is
really a nice guy. They just didn't show that side....
He was one of the first (maybe the first) to give money to the older
couple when they were non-eliminated in Dakar (not the place you would
want to have to go around begging for money). And in Senegal, as well
as several other places, he was really good toward the locals. Some of
that was self-serving, of course, but it clearly went beyond that.

Jonathan is not the most self-aware person in the world. I wouldn't
trust his version of events. He doesn't see the dark side of himself.
On Dr. Phil, he alternated between acknowledging that he had been out
of line and claiming it was mostly editing or that he was playing a
role. I'd be inclined to believe Joe Rogan over Jonathan--although I
do think that in Jonathan's *mind* Joe probably caused it all.
Post by Barbara Sherrill
I am thinking in reality; during the race portions of the show. There wasn't
much good to use, but Jonathan was a different person at the Pit Stops when
things slowed down.... Then again... these shows do bring out the true
colors of a person...... This is why you would not catch me on one of the
shows... I really don't want the world to see the bitchy side come out when
I am tired......
Not a pretty sight, huh? I wish we were in shape to do one (and then
I'd have to have wish #2, which would be that my wife would be caught
dead doing it). But we'd have to be heavily bleeped when the tension
got high and the frustration built up.
Barbara Sherrill
2006-06-01 18:49:10 UTC
Post by rick
Post by Barbara Sherrill
[...]
You are much kinder than I am. I always said; Jonathan has as much common
sense as dirt. Jonathan plays the role of the victim and wants sympathy.
Well... ummm... Do I need to explain where sympathy falls in the dictonary?
Post by rick
Not a pretty sight, huh? I wish we were in shape to do one (and then
I'd have to have wish #2, which would be that my wife would be caught
dead doing it). But we'd have to be heavily bleeped when the tension
got high and the frustration built up.
Me being tired and being with out Starbucks for a month.... I put it this
way... Hubby would say: It's like being around a woman on PMS for a
month... lmao
rick
2006-06-01 20:59:01 UTC
Post by Barbara Sherrill
You are much kinder than I am. I always said; Jonathan has as much common
sense as dirt. Jonathan plays the role of the victim and wants sympathy.
Well... ummm... Do I need to explain where sympathy falls in the dictonary?
Didn't understand the last sentence--I'm obviously supposed to know the
answer (like "You know what happens when you ASSume, don't you?"), but
it's a new one to me.

I'm not really that kind. I was just giving the devil his due. There
was an episode, maybe two, in which it was as if TAR was trying to
humanize Jonathan; there was little negative about him, and quite a bit
of positive. I guess it was when they went to Africa. But Jonathan
has problems not caused by editing!

He's been on other programs and had problems with a variety of people,
so it's no surprise he that somehow trouble found its way to him on
Fear Factor. To me, it's like a woman who has been married and
divorced five times and thinks she has a problem finding good men.
Sometimes you have to look for the common denominator. In Jonathan's
life, with all the conflicts, the common denominator is.....Jonathan!
I can testify personally that they have a Starbucks in Hangzhou, China!
Barbara Sherrill
2006-06-01 21:20:24 UTC
Post by rick
Post by Barbara Sherrill
You are much kinder than I am. I always said; Jonathan has as much common
sense as dirt. Jonathan plays the role of the victim and wants sympathy.
Well... ummm... Do I need to explain where sympathy falls in the dictonary?
Didn't understand the last sentence--I'm obviously supposed to know the
answer (like "You know what happens when you ASSume, don't you?"), but
it's a new one to me.
You can find Sympathy in the dictonary between; Sh*t and Syphilis. My dad
use to say this to us all the time..... not when sympathy was really need...
just when we thought we wanted it... lol

Well then; guess we need to go to China huh! :)

Barb
No One
2006-06-02 02:02:31 UTC
Post by Marie4547
Post by No One
Post by Marie4547
Post by AnthonyM1975
He is the only one who can berate and abuse his stupid
wife.
That is word for word exactly what my husband just
said!!!
How many of these shows, showing us all how incredibly
stupid she is, is she going to subject herself to?
Me Marie
As many as it takes for her to realize.
I shudder to think of how many that may be since she
obviously thought he acted okay on TAR! It just boggles my
mind that someone can actually think a person that *loves*
them could treat them that way.
Me Marie
Avez-vous jamais parlé une épouse battue?

sdlitvin
2006-06-01 03:41:55 UTC
Post by edonline
[...]
I don't believe Baker.

I watched Fear Factor for years and I have *never* seen Joe Rogan get
violent with any contestant. Even contestants who totally freaked out
when they were eliminated from the competition: Rogan would raise his
voice to them ("You lost! You were eliminated! Get over it!") but he
would never strike a contestant without provocation. NBC would have
fired him on the spot if he had.

There MUST be a part of this that we're not hearing about. Jonathan
must have provoked Rogan somehow.

-- Steven L.
Jimmy
2006-06-01 04:01:59 UTC
Post by sdlitvin
Post by edonline
[...]
Joe Rogan is a trained killing machine. I doubt his discipline would allow him
to lose control. He hates everything about Fear Factor except the money. This
would be the reason contestants would be told to stay away from him.